27 January 2010

here we go again... slow bloging

Saturday night I heard one of the most awe-inspiring student recitals I have ever attended. Thanks to AF for a lovely night of jazz favourites. Some of my favourite songs were sung...casual, collected yet slightly vulnerable. Honest. Why is not music ever honest anymore and why does it take music composed fifty to seventy years ago to extract it from people? Any how... really terrific.

It reminds me how important it is to love what you do but never force it. It will always be natural if you let it be.

The rest of that evening was also terrific... watching ice skating, catching up with old friends (how's the band Abby?) single malt scotch, hot tubbing and watching "La Vie en Rose." Edith Piaf performed fun music but man was her life depressing!

Back into the grind of school is not the most fun thing in the world. I sound sixteen but I do not care.

Yesterday I received recordings from David and Ray for the upcoming Canticles concert. We even solidified a french horn player for Canticle III! I feel like we are so close to having this one set.

Day seven of the most fruitful semester of my life. Make it count, Eric!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment