17 February 2010

GOOD FOOD!

Last night I sang music about drinking alcohol, coffee. Also eating humble pie.


Yup. The wig weirdo is me... in last night's Studio 303 recital. The rest of the outfit was all clinched in my hand, trying to hold up a grass skirt after an acrobatic stunt turned into a peep show. It was not the first time my pants have fallen from a show... but this time it seemed to be less traumatizing. High school can do a damage to one's psyche if they aren't stable, eh?

The recital, with the intuitive guidance and programming of David Britton, was a knock out, yet again. It has been a pleasure to be in a vocal studio with this much talent.

The recital was based around a theme: Good Food.

What else is good food? The chicken curry dish I made last week could be considered good food..




Judge was making espresso things... that could be considered good food...




Or the pizza dip that I made for reception... definitely good food! After Norwegian meat salad, red/blue tuna surprise and sauerkraut kondom dips, I think I finally figured this one out! Not a trace of dip remained!



But the best food is the fun, Fat Tuesday food you can share with friends.

Even if it looks like domestic violence at the breakfast table.








Today was... very odd. Odd night at opera rehearsal... odd random balls lady at a Chili's bar (my trusty and, well, meddlesome cast mates were responsible for less-than-tasteful obstruction and were also responsible for odd topics of conversation), odd diet choices and a couple very, very unplanned conversations.

...and I go to bed ... stomach, heart and mind full. And at peace.

For Lent, I'm giving up cynicism.

Happy Fat Tuesday.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment