07 February 2010

she was your daughter!

Well... the opera is going well. Other than some tricky blocking situations I find myself running around in circles in, things are going quite nicely!

This week kicked off the semester of insomnia. After rehearsal on Thursday I could not even fall asleep until about 2 AM. I kept listening to the Debussy songs I'm performing in April and they riveting. Simply gripping.

Forgiveness is a lost art.

I was awaken at 8:00 AM this morning due to a random extended family phone call. I try to avoid them but this one I was glad I took. If you have families hold on to them and protect them. And if you have children please keep in mind that you do not want them to grow up to resent their childhood. I do not anticipate being a father but if I did I hope I treat my kids with the kind of compassion and selflessness that my parents did for us kids.

As my mother said to me, retrospectively, "never take everyday with your children for granted."

I have family in mind today. 06 February 1982.

Molly is coming over soon and we're going to see ASU's Putnam County Spelling Bee. I am hearing pretty decent reviews about that and my sister certainly could use some time out. Music therapy is real, folks. If you do not know anything about you should learn about it. Human welfare always has benefited from music's existence. It gives people power, strength, and mostly hope. People at the gym use music to "pump themselves up." Therapists who use musical instruments, uplifting songs and other healing methods to provide comfort and temporary (and possibly long-term) relief to those with terminal ailments. Advocate - believe.

The Grammy's sucked. There, I weighed in. If America thinks Taylor Swift had the album of the year... clearly we are a country in trouble. Try to explain that to all the opera and symphony organizations that are tanking across the nation.

Canada. They have the right idea ... at least for pop music.

Here's Owen Pallett. His album "Heartland" is really neat. Check it.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment