08 February 2010

Super Bowl Live Blogging. How Fun!




Yeah... I made a touchdown...

Handel's "Israel in Egypt" analysis can wait a few hours. And I think this would be a perfect time to crack open that Arrogant Bastard that I've been waiting on. I spent most of this week either being sick or drinking nothing but tea, water or Diet Coke. This week I lost seven pounds and I'm ready to gain it all back right tonight.

4:25 MST - So THAT is what Carrie Underwood sounds like! Well... not as painful as some years but still pretty awful. Why anyone thinks it's a great idea to make our National Anthem sound like screeching cats is just beyond me. Queen Latifah wasn't so bad though!

4:27 PM MST - Coin Toss. How much does the Super Bowl cost? What kind of electric environment is the stadium during one of these events? How did this become the zenith of American sports and entertainment?

I want to pull for the cultural upset which would be a New Orleans win. I almost hope this game is scripted. It would be too obvious the N.O. to win the year of Katrina. What is so appealing about Indianapolis anyway? This should be a great game.

4:34 PM MST: I missed the actual kick off due to pouring of the beer. Good deal start, Eric. Oh... Colts have the ball already? Crap...I missed it! Shit. This beer is hoppy, yet crisp and pours an interesting head. College!

Good catch by that guy on the Colts team. Yeah, that guy.

4:40 PM MST: First Flag. Good going Offense #66. In your flaggidy face. Man... these men tackle so hard.

4:42 PM MST: Matt Stover is 42 years old and kicks a field goal to put the Colts up by three.

------resist temptation to comment on commercials-----

Just Kidding. Betty White! Speaking of old people... This year has been incredible for this woman. She's still hot for being older than the Ten Commandments. She was honoured for a her lifetime achievement in acting by the Screen Artist Guild. Now, at the height of her cultural popularity she appears in a Snickers commercial. Clearly this commercial is a lie. Her poor brittle and whittled teeth cannot endure the nougattie goodness and peanuty crunchiness of a Snickers bar.

I will be eating Twix for the remainder of the year.

I hope Molly gets here soon. We are going to Sunflower market to make Super Bowl type foods. She- probably some sort of nachos. Me, a curry seasoned -chicken strip of some sort. AKA not watching much of the rest of the first half.

4:48 PM MST: Shopping. Watch the game for me, would ya?



6:03 PM MST: JUST GOT HOME TO SEE THE WHO. WOW. they sound so good! I hope I still rock forty years later...

6:18 PM MST: I'm too busy thinking about tomorrow's research meeting rather than enjoying my evening with my sister.

Getting ready for the kick-off of the second half... Molly's making chili in the other room. Sunflower Market had Amy's HOLY SHIT! ON SIDE KICK! LOOK AT EVERYONE FREAKING OUT! WOW!

6:30 PM MST: Touchdown, Saints! I'm impressed by the blocking in that last play.

6:38 PM MST: Touchdown, Colts. They made that one look so easy! Poor form, Saints.

Last year's Super Bowl was so different! So so so so different... this year is much better. This year I'm not drunk and stuffed with buffalo chicken dip and begging for people's attention. AND I'm actually enjoying the game!

6:43 PM MST: #25...hahahaha. Reggie Bush. Great catch...

I used to love Super Bowl parties at my parents' house growing up. Always so much food, and company... Molly brought up "Dip Ala Stevie," or a rich, fatty taco dip that family friend used to make. I remember some of my childhood friends going outside after the halftime show and burning calories by playing tackle football in snowbanks. February used to be so frigid and blustery in New York State. It's nice to have family here in AZ.

6:51 PM MST: This google commercial reminds me of me so much. So much French in my life right now... that might have been the winning commercial, as sappy as it was. That is pretty much the only reason I use Google. Hah.

6:52 PM MST: That kickoff return had the Colts' receiver going no where. It's New Orleans totally flooded them... um...

6:56 PM MST: Haw Haw. The official just pushed one of the players. Don't mess with the law- the law will mess you up!

7:00 PM MST: Judge and Christine just got home. Sweet. They are cooking stuff too. Amanda and Joe Pow may come over as well. So many people come in and out of this apartment. I hope I can concentrate on Handel tonight! This game has essentially been penalty-less.

Oh man- they are going for it! Will the Colts be stopped short of the first down?? And... they got it. Great play by [John] Wayne.

7:05 PM MST: Colts- wide left. It looked like it was going right through too. Wow. This 4th quarter is going to be very interesting!

7:13 PM MST: I appreciate heart. These people play for so much money but man do they wear their hearts on their sleeves.

TOUCHDOWN SAINTS!

Saints' defense needs to really step it up.

OVERTURNED! Oh boy... what a great challenge. Oh boy I can hear Colts fans freaking the shit out right now.

7:30 PM MST: INTERCEPTION AND TOUCHDOWN WOAH WOAH!!!!!! MAKING CHILI WOAAAHHHH!!!!

7:38 PM MST: Joe Pow is drinking a margarita and we're at the two minute mark. The color-commentators are still talking about a miraculous Colts win.

Personal foul. This shit's getting personal. Figures it's from #69.

Margarita.

WOAH INTERCEPTION? FOUL. This game is getting crazy!

7:43 PM MST: 4th and Goal... This could be it! IT"S OVER! SAINTS WILL WIN THIS ONE.

What I would give to be in New Orleans right now. What a spectacular effort.

What a memorable Super Bowl. The spirit of Katrina is softened due to this victory.

7:45 PM MST: Game over. And "Mardi Gras is about to begin." Ok, I want to start seeing some bare breasts.

And with that, this concludes the actual Super Bowl portion of the Super Bowl live blogging. Now it's time for the real party to begin.

And screw baby commercials. I'm so bored with that.



7:59 PM MST: "A giant tidal wave came and washed him away..." Joe and I decided that anyone with the title "Commissioner" should be named Gordon.

That old guy could barely lift the Lombardi trophy. He's so old.

"It's all destiny." I think everything in our life is destiny.

I wonder what the non-victors of the Super Bowl feel like after such a defeat. Clearly no team who gets to the Super Bowl should be considered 'losers,' but... bittersweet? Is there an overall feeling of 'shut the fuck up, ESPN and all the rest of the media'?

My mother would be proud. We are all eating chili nachos and drinking Mic Ultra.

Handel... Handel... Handel...

Best part of Super Bowl... The Who. And Carrie Underwood sounding like vomit.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment