13 March 2010

no man, no madness...

Last night I started my weekend stint with Pro Musica Arizona, singing an all Irish choral music programme. What a delightful group of people! A congregation of locals, mostly volunteers, comprise a 501c3 arts organization of 30-40 choirsters and a full orchestra. To me, this is remarkable for this reason: it is based out of Anthem, Arizona. Anthem, according to director Steve Barton, was officially declared a township in 2002. Less than eight years ago, before this Del Webb whistle-stop's conception, the plot of land thirty plus miles north of downtown Phoenix was merely more of Arizona's signature desertous terrain.

Remarkable, how technology and progress can rapidly affect wilderness...and consecutively, the arts.

A choral/orchestral commission by the organization is programmed on this concert. Good orchestra, too. I will be singing with them for concerts tonight and tomorrow. There is a meet and greet tonight at some local pub, they are putting me up for the evening and the next day I get a full day in Anthem, just messing around. I may travel early, go to Sedona... or somewhere chilly. Until Arizona coerces me to sweat out of every pore daily I want to enjoy the rush of shivers down my spine.

Last year, I had the best spring break of my collegiate career. I am anxious to top it this year. Pictures to come!

I also applied to jobs in Los Altos Hills, CA and for a musical theatre vocal teaching position at East Carolina University. More jobs will follow... but Cali still seems the most viable at this time. More news as it happens...

Saturday: My album review will be on Ludacris' "Batlle of the Sexes." LUDAAAAA!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment