26 July 2010

time

In 1964 Mick Jagger sang about time being on his side. In 2004 I recorded an album entitled "In Time (Everything Will Come)" It is now 2010 and I am more prone to agree with the motto-esque proverb Ben Folds sang on his 2005 sleeper album, "Songs for Silverman." Time does take time, you know?

IT'S ABOUT TIME

that I could be consumed with flights of fancy rather than flames of fire. If the summer of 2010 is the exposition to what will become of my time in Massachusetts then this novel is as thick as Tolstoy. Not to be all braggardly and self-revering but the personal discoveries I am making daily are keeping me energized, challenged and sustained. My last write-up was about my life-long goal of running in the Utica Boilermaker. Because of that experience I will be training for the Salem Half-Marathon in Massachusetts toward the end of September. Last weekend I was invited to play the second keyboard book in the musical "Hairspray," which I also assisted with musical direction. This was my first time ever playing keyboards in a major public performance; typically I am the first to deny such an opportunity. Because of this experience, I will return to the pit band for the musical "Chicago" next weekend. I never thought I'd be okay with eating Half Moon cookies for breakfast. I never thought I would ever fraternize with college students my age in Central New York. I never thought I'd be singing a Gilbert and Sullivan role in the midst of all of this. Most of all, I never thought I would be spending a summer unfatigued from my own seasonal depression- which I tend to get around this time of year (most people dwell in their doldrums around December to April if you live in Central New York).

Am I starting to feel comfortable...REALLY comfortable in my own skin and situation? It's about time indeed. And because of this I am currently meeting some fantastic, talented and invigorating personalities.

TIME HEALS EVERYTHING

Summer is also the perfect season for me to be hearing from many people in my past, from casual acquaintances to former relationship partners...to long lost friends. Occasionally I may wonder about these people and reach out, but as I am desperately trying to move ahead and progress I find the task tedious and seemingly unnecessary. Nevertheless when the opportunity arrives you cannot just ignore it and one can learn a lot about humility by burying the hatchet.

News of weddings and jobs and moving and success and happiness comes to me from people coming and going through their own lives as well as mine. I could not be more pleased...and comforted.

TIME OUT









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment