23 December 2010

almost...almost.

Comedy. Tragedy. Irony.

Our meet wasn't complete surprise.

I laughed when I first saw your homemaker show.

We laughed as we said our goodbyes.

The love that we fell in, in August

by October we knew was too soon.

I May learn to loathe November,

but it's likely I'll always love June.

When self-consciousness becomes self-inflicted.

And selflessness surrenders to doubt

I lost all control and we lost the safety you ran to

Before you ran out

But a smile is adventures in autumn.

"State Fair same sweatshirt platoon."

I May learn to loathe November

but it's likely I'll always love June.

The girl on the channel reflects like a mirror

Exhibits the balance but deflects the fear her

wild nightmares will never be done.

I panicked- and the gentle man won.

And so now I'll make the lonely drive to you-town.

I've been dreading it all afternoon

I May learn to loathe November,

but it's likely I'll always love June.

And if you're in need of a time referential

Our remaining hours portrayed our potential

But our transformation's begun

You panicked - and the gentle man won.

So for now I will leave it...for now.

My eyes sting while I sing this tune.

I May learn to loathe November

(And I hate that he always had you)

But it's likely I'll always love June.

No, I may never understand, Heather.

But it's likely I'll always love June.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Peer review: "I feel like i was reading a story, and i knew how it was going to end. I felt so invested in the happy beginning that i really really didnt want it to get there."

    ReplyDelete