08 January 2011

full

By all definition I was supposed to feel like shit after leaving tonight's performance. Those who know me may know why. However I determined not to let anything get in the way of a good time! I was delighted to meet Patrick for drinks at Zebbs before tonight's performance (after a work out at the gym when I broke under 145 again...take THAT, holidays!)

I then was super delighted to learn that my friend and alma mater music teacher Jessica was also joining us! And though bitterness turned into a running joke I had some of the biggest laughs I've had in a long time with them. Patrick and I just get each other- very few people are on the same wave length with me, and though we may not be exactly on par with each other he just understands me so well; professionally and personally. And he also is very talented and there is no question that one elevates when surrounded by those who make them want to step up. Also Jessica and I have senses of humour so equally matched that anything we say to each other makes the other laugh. So tonight's performance threatened my spirit but...it was not defeated. Keeping within the theme of the Beatles, "I get by with a little help from my friends," indeed.

We looked at each other as if we never met. I am perfectly fine with that.

In fact, I am very upbeat and happy with my life in all aspects. That cannot be beaten.

In other news, the cast had some really wonderful moments! There were a couple standouts but I will keep that to myself. A lot of great Beatles performances...good Shakespeare and Monty Python bits and...well...the Spice Girls. How cannot anyone love that?

CARmellas makes delicious food. Patrick and Michael are a hysterical comedic duo. And man do I love their riggies sauce with bread.

I was pulled over tonight for a busted head light. I think the cop wanted to get me for other reasons- considering the light wasn't out but was just covered in snow. Nice try, Central New York.

Back to Boston tomorrow for a concert with a nice girl and the BSO! Definitely hitting the gym before that, too. Yikes! :0)

Just... happy.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment