08 February 2011

jump

Sometimes leaps of blind faith will prove more fruitful than carefully calculated maneuvers.

On Tuesday I found out that the next step in my journey will be at a university in Victoria, Australia. Who knew? A match fit for a wayfarer as myself. Delighted. I move in June.

How does one celebrate a great new post? Steak, eggs, and a bout of the flu, of course.

As far as the Super Bowl is concerned...meh. I was still pretty sick. As it is I am trying to catch up on all the class I missed and lessons I couldn't teach. Marius is pretty sick too...luckily Alina was nice enough to make us chicken soup to heal with.

Christina Aguilera- many people mess up words. I'm less offended by that and more flabbergasted by the musical interpretation.

My throat is still pretty raw from this flu. I sing Mozart and Schubert a week from now... I hope it will be fine by then! It will be fine.

Lovely dinner with a new colleague on Wednesday night. This will be a terrific pair. Weather not so optimum, however. Three and a half hours from Lexington to Amherst? Route 2 is very spooky at night... reminds me a bit of 66 through Flagstaff...not in resemblance but in sheer aura.

This week = all systems go no matter what happens.

Bravo John Mange for Saturday night's performance. The Dello Joio trumpet sonata was terrific. Kate G's recital on Sunday was spectacular...the variations on the Schöne Mullerin theme were just fabulous...never heard it! Would love to hear it again.

The storm billed for Thursday will drift into the ocean and not be seen on land...thank God.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment