03 June 2011

Italia

This is what I learned today in Toronto:

The sun shines in the window like in Phoenix- at 5:45 AM and with a fury.

Quebec Twilight fans are quite loud before then.

The continental breakfast here at the hostel is pretty great and will save me a ton of money. Plus they have Kraft Peanut Butter packets with two little bears on them and they are so cute that it made me queasy.



I love all accents that aren't American. Transversely anyone who isn't American loves my accent.
Toronto has a stunning view when you stand on a roof of a tall building.

Extreme Fitness does not permit month to month memberships. Sorry Extreme Fitness, but this is a total failure of a service and for a tourist/business attracting city like Toronto you should have more options. Not that anyone from your centre will read this but I digress...

Queen's Park is heart-stopping when the sun is shining and there are not any clouds overhead. Toronto has this beauty about it; even when it is cloudy it is beautiful to walk around. So clean. Today was the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy. There was a Canadian celebration of this occasion in Queen's Park entrance from College. There was even a town crier! Who knew those even existed? Hang on, town crier. Hang on.

After a quick coffee and score study I attended the first TBSI event- Ivars Taurins discussing art and architecture in relation with baroque music practices. Given tonight's lecture I know I will learn so much in two weeks.

Though, foolishly I neglected to note when I was leaving Toronto. After a glance at the schedule it dawned on me that I'll arrive back in Central New York on Thursday the 16th of June. Three days before my flight to Australia. Well, so much for my time to pack...

And at least I will only have seventy two hours to not be able to sleep due to fear and sheer excitement.

Oh! They have so many Ritter flavours here! Twenty pounds, let's do it.

Oh! And they have fortepianos in the practise rooms at UofT. Wild.

Oh! The Lion's Pub was a gathering spot after tonight's meet and greet...and I did not have one drink! I think that is pretty important to write, is it not?

Okay...bed for me. Handel in the morning LETS DO IT





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment