07 August 2010

bork (by popular demand)


If I taught the kids anything this week, at least they know the greatness of one, Swedish Chef.

But in all honesty I feel like the musical theatre students I had this week did, in fact, gain some insight on 'process' and 'professionalism.' These are two things I am a stickler about and concepts that I hold near to my heart.

This group of students had great spirits of youth, but I must say their focus for learning was a bit aloof! Nevertheless they got it together and performed their best "High School Musical" selections that they could. Post assessments included: "I liked to learn about dancing," "I've learned a lot about working together and how important it is," and, of course, "I liked the Swedish Chef."

How a ridiculous whim can lead to something life changing!

Last night of Chicago... this show really kicked my ass and I'm glad for it.

My new dear friend Heather keeps a blog that is pretty interesting. If you like reading about wacky characters you should probably check in to this.

This summer has been all about digging deep into Central New York. Yesterday could not have been more Mohawk Valley, honestly. Breakfast at North Star Orchards, maple fudge, clouds, Hamilton College, tomato pie, Carmellas bread with riggie sauce...

Heather and I are running today along the Erie Canal and then baking some things...we may take a trip to Syracuse before Chicago?

Who knows? I hope those of you who read these posts are having terrific summers too. Some friends are in Europe singing and keeping me posted on all their adventures, new friends involved with these shows and others locally have great stories... I love reading them. Facebook is too bland and vague - when I receive phone calls saying "I'm in Venice" or "I just renovated my bathroom..."

Process.



Bookmark and Share

2 comments: