19 May 2011

pack

Amherst Societatis-Oratorio debuted last month and it was a splendid concert. Music is more fun when you are making it with your old and new friends. A week later on the first of May Osama Bin Laden was killed and everyone at UMass erupted in celebratory riotous activity.

I was with Dmitriy and Keith at ABC/Hangar when this all went down, drinking gin and tonics and wondering what would happen next. So many thoughts popped into my head about how America is consistently under watch and strict judgment. More on this later.

Gas this month holds at $4.00 a gallon. Last year during my second major road trip across country I felt at peace in the Southern US - paying $2.60. The major Gulf Coast oil spill drove prices up as American consumers panicked. Now people are seemingly numb to the cost of gas. It is good to see Obama take bold action on the topic...now that we found and killed Osama bin Laden. Interesting timing of all of these global affairs.

My last week in Boston will be reflective since there is so much this past month that I failed to document. The ASO concert, last week's final push to the end (which was not entirely successful), fun days and nights driving back and forth to Amherst from Boston, auditions, delicious meals at cheap places, saying good bye to my fraternity brothers and studio mates...and to newly important people in my life.

Just as I was getting comfortable living in Boston, I'm gone again.

The people of Boston are so elegant. When I return to the States I am sure I will live here for quite a time. Not gone yet, but anxious to return. And live in the city. I need to live in a city.

Melbourne is around the corner.

So is Toronto. So much music to be learned!

I woke up this morning and changed a flat tire in the pouring rain on a hill - then in a stranger's driveway. I owe them wine and I owe myself a cheeseburger.

Last weekend in Massachusetts and I'm spending it playing timpani and singing Bach's Mass in B Minor again- just how I enjoyed spring break- with some of those folks still around! God I'm going to miss it. Will there be Bach down under?

Gerald is on a deliciously cultural tour of his own now. I am jealous a bit but enthralled and invigorated reading his posts. London...Italy...the life.

The road.

Oh, playing for Zach Braff wasn't so bad either! More detailed post about that soon...now that there is time. And I'm still behind on so much.

One month to Ballarat.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment