20 April 2011

failing

I am failing at keeping updated. That means my hours have gotten completely insane and that I don't even have time to reflect upon what happened throughout the course of the day.

Between 4:00 AM fraternity activities and three choirs, a lecture class and keeping up on all my work...

Not since I was a high school student have I felt this passionately about music. Every breathing hour I come to find new truths and new perspectives- and it shows in both singing and teaching. If one lacks passion, what is the point?

New albums abound too- The new Paul Simon disc is terrific. Marius and I grabbed gelato and listened to it one day last week. Spring is here in Massachusetts- so far rainy and cold.

Chamber choir wrapped up earlier this month with a concert and a tour to Boston. That same day I auditioned for Boston Baroque and had delicious clam chowder with Will (who is singing for me on Easter's Vivaldi concert. Thrill of a lifetime there!)

Some guys from my vocal tech class went to hear my current teacher sing Evangelist in the Matthew Passion last week. Marius came as well- and it was the road trip to rival all road trips. First time driving through New York City and nobody was killed. The concert was spectacular and Professor Hite is an incredible artist. And...dude. Syms. I enjoy being around sarcastic people- it keeps me on my toes and I typically enjoy the laughter, even at my own expense. They are a good group of guys.

I really do enjoy my time here in Amherst. Once you connect with certain people and trust your art...and trust yourself. Hold yourself accountable. Hold others accountable. Never lose sight of who you are. Spiritually. It makes all the difference in the world.

No great recipes or restaurant stories right now. I'm back to the free samples at Whole Foods bit. My eating has not been particularly regular neither has it been super healthy. But...I'm back to running and the next half marathon is coming up.

Until then, it's Easter candy. And Mrs. Hausmann sent me an Easter Basket!!!! She is the winner of the week for sure- such a sweet gesture (Thanks Mrs. H!!!!!!!!!)

So many pictures- so many little excursions.

...all this work- and Australia is just around the corner. Fly out date: 20 June 2011 from JFK at 6:45 PM. I'm ready to be a full time teacher for a while. The enjoyment is like none other.

So much! Not looking back for an instant. Always move forward.

So ends self indulgent post.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment