20 June 2011

packed

The last night of Tafelmusik was both celebratory and somber. Similar to the chamber concert we experienced everyone left Grace Church feeling revitalized in musical spirit but with a shroud of reality- back to the world of 420, modern instruments and incessant high volumes the next day.

Everyone played, sang and emoted spectacularly. It was a beautiful day all around- from the weather to the music...everything was perfect.

The pub we attended after made a piss poor martini but it was great to share laughs and stories with so many people from the programme! Last parting inspirational shots from my mentors at TBSI also left me ready to tackle the world.

And then the next morning I missed my bus.

I spent Thursday night with Kelly, Don and Molly and Joe- they drove from Rochester to meet me at Zebbs in Orchard Park for dinner. Kelly was the hero of the night...not only being so patient with my typical travel blunders but for rescuing me from the treacherous Depew bus station in Buffalo. Not a charming place. The bus drive was not so spectacular either. Due in part of the Buffalo rush hour traffic, stop at the Canadian/US border and the need for the bus driver to hit the breaks every two seconds, a two and a half hour trip took five. And I was sheerly exhausted. Nothing chicken caddy nachos, IPA and good friends could not fix!

The last two nights have been so hectic that I've not had much time to be sentimental. Though last night I refused to pass Utica without stopping at the Utica Food Fest. The entire event was such an appropriately-American send off into the next chapter in my life. Pictures to follow...needless to say I am desperate for a long run. So much starch in the last three weeks! Yikes. But so worth it.

I will post more about this at the hotel later this evening but... Skid Row? C'mon, that's just perfect.

To NYC tonight. And yes, I completely over packed.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment